Here are the key tax-filing deadlines for 2010. Keep this tax calendar handy for reference throughout the year.
Note: If your business operates on a fiscal-year schedule for tax purposes rather than the usual calendar-year schedule, your due dates for each quarter will line up differently.
Using the 2010 calendar, here’s how you should calculate your deadlines:
Personal tax deadlines
Annual tax returns. Your personal tax return (Form 1040) is due on the 15th day of the fourth month following the close of your tax year.
Estimated tax payments. The first three quarterly estimated tax installments (Form 1040-ES) are due on the 15th day of the fourth, sixth and ninth months of your tax year. The fourth and final installment is due on the 15th day of the first month following the close of your tax year.
Corporate tax deadlines
Annual tax returns. Your annual corporate return (Form 1120 or 1220-S) is due on the 15th day of th...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Small Business Tax Deduction Strategies
- Book foreign travel deductions
- Personal Tax Savings
- DOL plan = more HR paperwork ... Find out what's required
- Justify decisions to thwart retaliation bait & switch