Discrimination against employees because of their family caregiving duties has become a hotbed for litigation against employers, and every indication is that this trend will continue. So it’s critical for employers to recognize the potential for liability and take necessary steps to avoid being the next defendant. Here's how.
- No separate emotional distress claims if conduct is covered by IHRA
- Employee prone to mistakes? That doesn't mean she's disabled
- Can we use personal e-mails we discovered to defend against former employee's lawsuit?
- Even after election, you still need solid reason to discharge nonsupporters
- Keep 'Customer Preference' Out of Your Hiring Criteria