Issue: Becoming more involved in a local college's career programs, beyond attending job fairs and posting openings.
Risk: Your organization can morph itself into an employer of choice for interns and graduates.
Action: Follow these six steps to become a "big company on campus."
To gain the inside track on recruiting college students or interns, don't just post job openings and attend the school's job fair. Actively participate in campus career programs year-round. Talk to career services employees at your local colleges about programs that can increase your presence on campus.
Here are six ways to raise your profile:
1. Make presentations to student organizations. Send company information to leaders of student business or entrepreneur groups. Follow up with phone calls. Ask student leaders to recommend top candidates. Target groups that select members based on academic performance andskills.
2. Become a trusted adviser. Partici-pate in programs that match students seeking career advice with people who currently work in those professions.
3. Host (or participate in) campus workshops on topics such as rÈsumÈ writing, job interviewing and.
4. Develop relationships with professors in your field. They can recommend the best potential interns and employees. Make presentations to relevant classes.
5. Join the career services department's employer advisory council. Such groups provide feedback on career-service programs. It also gives you a leg up on recruiting.
6. Reach out to diverse student populations through student organizations of Latinos, African-Americans, etc. Such groups are good sources for international talent, and they appreciate employers that show genuine interest.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/1055/raise-campus-visibility-to-attract-better-grads-interns "