Employees who typically moonlight as sales clerks and warehouse workers to pick up extra cash for the holidays could have an especially hard time this season because so few retailers are hiring holiday help.
A Manpower survey of employers shows that just 12% expect to increase their staffs during the final quarter of this year. Businesses that do take on extra hands for the holidays have plenty of applicants to choose from.
Tip: Don’t turn away a good candidate for being overqualified for a seasonal job. Most applicants are eager for a paycheck, even if the work doesn’t require them to use their advanced skills.
- You don't have to wear blinders to an applicant's known disability
- Forget about using temps to dodge Obamacare's employer mandate
- Kaplan colleges sued for screening with credit histories
- Resume Scorecard: Smoke out lies, assess the best
- Can we administer a polygraph test to find out if one of our employees has been stealing?