Employees who typically moonlight as sales clerks and warehouse workers to pick up extra cash for the holidays could have an especially hard time this season because so few retailers are hiring holiday help.
A Manpower survey of employers shows that just 12% expect to increase their staffs during the final quarter of this year. Businesses that do take on extra hands for the holidays have plenty of applicants to choose from.
Tip: Don’t turn away a good candidate for being overqualified for a seasonal job. Most applicants are eager for a paycheck, even if the work doesn’t require them to use their advanced skills.
- The 'surge home': Welcome service members back to work
- Restrict access to data about protected characteristics
- Signed drug testing form good enough to satisfy DATWA
- Don't waste your online recruiting budget: Ask right questions to choose best job sites
- Even workers unharmed by discrimination still could sue