OSHA last month announced it has issued $237,500 in proposed penalties against a Big Springs oil refinery accused of cutting corners on safety.
The fines will be levied against Alon USA after an OSHA inspection found numerous safety violations. OSHA cited 27 serious process safety violations, involving confined space hazards, inadequate control of hazardous energy, insufficient firefighting capabilities, lax emergency-response and evacuation plans, electrical deficiencies and problems with chemical storage.
- $24M settlement ends Walgreens' discrimination suit
- NLRB: Firing for unprofessional tweet is legal
- Workplace violence: Recognizing the threats, reducing the danger
- Public employees must file USERRA claims in state court
- Serial sexual harasser on the loose? Get ready for big trial—and possibly huge judgment