OSHA last month announced it has issued $237,500 in proposed penalties against a Big Springs oil refinery accused of cutting corners on safety.
The fines will be levied against Alon USA after an OSHA inspection found numerous safety violations. OSHA cited 27 serious process safety violations, involving confined space hazards, inadequate control of hazardous energy, insufficient firefighting capabilities, lax emergency-response and evacuation plans, electrical deficiencies and problems with chemical storage.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Latest 'syndrome' strikes the workplace
- Returning soldiers entitled to equivalent jobs, but not necessarily their old ones
- How to generate the 'Big Mo'
- Foul play: Can employee sue over offensive odor comments?