OSHA last month announced it has issued $237,500 in proposed penalties against a Big Springs oil refinery accused of cutting corners on safety.
The fines will be levied against Alon USA after an OSHA inspection found numerous safety violations. OSHA cited 27 serious process safety violations, involving confined space hazards, inadequate control of hazardous energy, insufficient firefighting capabilities, lax emergency-response and evacuation plans, electrical deficiencies and problems with chemical storage.
- Former worker never should have been hired? You're not off the hook for discrimination
- Your guide to medical confidentiality under the ADA and the FMLA
- New definition of 'dependent' sparks benefit-law confusion
- It's not always best to challenge a handbook's implied contract
- 7 tips for reducing your workers' comp costs