OSHA last month announced it has issued $237,500 in proposed penalties against a Big Springs oil refinery accused of cutting corners on safety.
The fines will be levied against Alon USA after an OSHA inspection found numerous safety violations. OSHA cited 27 serious process safety violations, involving confined space hazards, inadequate control of hazardous energy, insufficient firefighting capabilities, lax emergency-response and evacuation plans, electrical deficiencies and problems with chemical storage.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/10503/osha-proposes-237500-in-fines-against-refinery "
- Exempt or nonexempt? Analyze your staff before a court does
- Tell managers: Unless you have notes, you can't terminate
- New FMLA regulations and military leave: What you need to know
- Westchester County defends shrink-wrap abuse charge
- You're not a doctor! Don't restrict pregnant employee's work unless her physician says so