OSHA last month announced it has issued $237,500 in proposed penalties against a Big Springs oil refinery accused of cutting corners on safety.
The fines will be levied against Alon USA after an OSHA inspection found numerous safety violations. OSHA cited 27 serious process safety violations, involving confined space hazards, inadequate control of hazardous energy, insufficient firefighting capabilities, lax emergency-response and evacuation plans, electrical deficiencies and problems with chemical storage.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Disruptive employee really deserves firing? Don't let FMLA keep you from pulling the trigger
- Religious accommodations in Florida workplaces: 5 steps to take
- Writing reviews: Steer clear of two common errors
- Isolated incident or slight doesn't add up to retaliation