As the winter months set in, some people may notice that they feel more tired, experience weight gain or struggle to get out of bed in the morning. While the majority of people who experience these symptoms have nothing more serious than the “winter blues,” others suffer from a potentially debilitating condition known as seasonal affective disorder (SAD). Be careful not to brush off employees who complain of SAD.
- Calling in 'sick' won't trigger FMLA; employee must give details
- OSHA to Clarify Protective-Equipment Standard
- Labor nominee Perez faces resistance from GOP senators
- Proceed with layoff if employee you planned to cut suddenly complains about discrimination
- You can block staff from bringing co-workers to disciplinary meetings