New Jersey is one of two states in the nation that offers paid
Of those taking leave, 81% took time off to bond with a newborn or newly adopted child. The rest used the time to care for a seriously ill family member.
Employees fund the program entirely through a 0.09% payroll deduction, up to a maximum of $26.01 in 2009. In 2010, the deduction rises to 0.12%.
The program provides up to two-thirds of the workers’ normal pay up to $546 per week.
Employers may require employees to use up to two weeks of paid leave before taking paid family leave. Workers must provide employers with prior notice and medical certification of the need for leave.
- Laying off employee who's out on FMLA leave? Better be prepared to back up the rationale
- Independent Contractors: Liability Issues
- Accruing sick leave during workers' comp leave
- Check calendar when employee files lawsuit covered by employment agreement
- Must we pay employee who takes family and medical leave to care for relative?