1. Percentage of employees who say they’ve received no communication about workplace policies relating to the H1N1 virus:
2. The average salary for HR professionals rose 3.2% in 2009. Which HR job function received the highest average salary increase?
a. Legal/labor relations
b. Compensation & benefits
3. Starting in October, which activity are federal employees forbidden to perform on the job:
a. Twittering while working
b. Texting while driving
c. Hosting birthday parties for co-workers
4. A federal agency launched a new audit program last month to identify employers that:
a. Discriminate in the layoff process
b. Fail to pay appropriate
c. Underreport injuries and illnesses
5. Since 1999, health insurance premiums for U.S. workers have risen by 131%. What’s the average annual premium for employer-sponsored health insurance for family coverage in 2009 (with employee-paid portion in parenthesis)?
a. $14,334 (24%)
b. $11,291 (33%)
c. $13,375 (26%)
Sources: 1. Mansfield Communication survey; 2. Watson Wyatt; 3. U.S. Department of Transportation; 4. OSHA; 5. Kaiser Family Foundation survey
Answers: 1. b 2. a 3. b 4. c 5. c
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Small Business Tax Deduction Strategies
- Boost health screening turnout with mix of carrots, sticks
- Don't shrug off complaints of female-on-male harassment
- Beat the heat: 7 summertime tax-savers
- N.J. Supreme Court decides: Can employees take confidential docs?