You’re probably familiar with the legislative fight brewing over the proposed Employee Free Choice Act. That debate has spotlighted a fact many employers don’t realize: Nonunion employers must comply with requirements of the National Labor Relations Act. To help you comply, here are the major traps to watch for.
- NLRB: Walmart threatened Black Friday protesters
- Even one employee in Texas? Then he can sue you in Texas courts
- What does the proposed Employee Free Choice Act involve, and what are its prospects?
- Back up even minor disciplinary action with solid records
- Get it in writing! You need consistent, persistent documentation