Think you might have what it takes to lead—whether it’s your admin team or a committee of volunteers? Take this quiz from CareerBuilder.com to rate your skill level. Ask a trusted peer to complete it and assess your skill as well.
Strongly Disagree = 1
Disagree = 2
Unsure = 3
Agree = 4
Strongly agree = 5
- I know myself, my values and skills, and my strengths and weaknesses.
- I am confident in meeting most challenges, emerging intact and feeling good about myself.
- I have a vision of where we ought to go as a group, community, society and people.
- I am constantly renewed by what I learn and by my interaction with others.
- I see the way to success is through steady team-building.
- I see great wisdom in building the capabilities of others, empowering them and motivating them to do their best.
- I possess stamina, energy, tenacity and enthusiasm for my work.
- I have the courage to take on what I know is right, regardless of my critics and detractors.
- I have high moral character; I know what is right and wrong and act accordingly.
- I am willing to take risks for something I believe in, whether for people or ideals.
- I present my ideas logically, forcefully and effectively; my ideas are often adopted.
- I achieve results through concentrating on clear goals over time; I build on small successes.
- I have a healthy sense of humor; I laugh at myself and keep cynicism and sarcasm in rein.
- I keep perspective: I know where we are in a process, how far we've come, how far we've got to go and what's important in the short and long run.
- I am known for my flexibility, responding to a variety of situations with appropriate skills, styles and perceptions.
- I listen actively to colleagues and co-workers; I hear their words and try to understand their feelings.
- I maintain an open, warm relationship with others, encouraging them with praise and genuine respect of their views and feelings.
- I provide others with clear feedback, reinforcing positive contributions, and clarifying and confronting as needed.
- I mediate for others, helping them find and reinforce the common ground on which solutions can be built.
- I facilitate interpersonal and group relationships, teaching by example and by making these relationships visible.
Tip: Did any statements receive a one, two or three from you or your colleague? Use them as a starting point to write personal development goals.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/10371/quiz-are-you-leadership-material "