The ADA requires employers to enter into an interactive process with disabled employees to find accommodations that allow them to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Recently, the federal government updated its Job Accommodation Network (JAN) web site, which employers can use to to find specific accommodation information.
- Employee wants transfer to avoid harassment? Be sure to note that she requested it
- Performance appraisals help in court as well as on the job
- Supreme Court: Complaints don't have to be in writing to be protected
- Ameriprise faces claims it cheated its own employees
- Your guide to medical confidentiality under the ADA and the FMLA