The EEOC has sued Cleveland-based Dave’s Markets, alleging the chain tolerated a workplace rife with sexual harassment.
The lawsuit claims that a longtime male manager made repeated and unwanted sexual advances against female employees, and the company did nothing to stop it even though it knew what was happening.
The grocery chain operates 13 stores in northern Ohio and employs about 1,500 workers.
Final note: A sexual harassment policy is no good unless you use it. Make adherence to the policy one of the standards by which employees—and managers—are evaluated. Ensure supervisors take every harassment complaint seriously.
- Remedy for discrimination can include neutral references and contact reporting
- It's time for a talk if you've heard a boss has been disparaging disabled employees
- Don't turn the other cheek on workplace bullies
- Make sure you fairly distribute dangerous assignments
- Good job descriptions explain pay differences