The EEOC has sued Cleveland-based Dave’s Markets, alleging the chain tolerated a workplace rife with sexual harassment.
The lawsuit claims that a longtime male manager made repeated and unwanted sexual advances against female employees, and the company did nothing to stop it even though it knew what was happening.
The grocery chain operates 13 stores in northern Ohio and employs about 1,500 workers.
Final note: A sexual harassment policy is no good unless you use it. Make adherence to the policy one of the standards by which employees—and managers—are evaluated. Ensure supervisors take every harassment complaint seriously.
- Candidate tanks during job interview? That's a legitimate reason not to hire
- University of California settles UC Berkeley coach's sex-Bias case
- Third-Party harassment: The next frontier for New Jersey courts?
- Cross one group off the list of those protected by federal discrimination law
- You can put your seniority system ahead of ADA accommodation