The EEOC has sued Digital Cable and Communications South, a Parma-based cable TV installation company, for allegedly refusing to hire female applicants for cable technician jobs.
The agency sued on behalf of a woman who claimed she was better qualified than male applicants who were hired, but was turned down because she is female.
Final note: You can help make your hiring process fairer and less prone to bias by removing any identifying information from employment applications before hiring managers go through the first round of candidate reviews.
- Feds turning up heat on HR background checks
- Worried About a New Hire? 7 'Salvage Operation' Tips
- Document problems caused by 'Difficult personalities'
- Retaliation: Don't sweat link between complaint and firing, if you would have fired anyway
- Need an incentive to settle? How about lower attorneys' fees?