The U.S. Department of Labor’s Wage and Hour Division recently announced that MT Supermarket, an Austin grocery store, has paid $186,624 in back wages to 34 workers. The payment comes after an investigation of the Asian grocery store found violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
According to DOL spokeswoman Elizabeth Todd, the funds will be distributed according to the number of hours each employee worked.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- How to Write Meeting Minutes
- Men's Wearhouse dresses employees for retail success
- Working at home boosts debt counselors' productivity
- The curious case of the pay raise that went viral
- California bill would turn pro cheerleaders into employees