Issue: Sarbanes-Oxley's focus on HR requires you to do more to help your organization comply.
Benefit: Helping your organization meet SarbOx mandates enhances your role as a strategic partner.
Action: Plan ahead to anticipate issues that arise from SarbOx audits and questions that will be asked, such as those below.
HR departments at public and private employers should prepare to become more involved with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance. Reason: More employers are looking to HR to take additional responsibility for SarbOx compliance and organize training. SarbOx auditors are demanding more detail about the costs of HR-administered programs.
"HR has to understand the SarbOx auditing process," says Roxanne Gilbertsen, senior consultant at Hewitt Associates. "Our clients are starting to see more attention on all HR programs, including defined benefits, retirement, incentives and recognition and
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Choose buzzwords with care
- Beware hidden risks of rÃ??sumÃ??-scanning software
- Résumés? Cover letters? You need to go deeper
- Public employers, take note: Appeals court rules on firefighter/Paramedic exemption