Having employees handle their own pay and
But old habits die hard. Merely offering self-serve online resources to employees won’t automatically make them self-sufficient.
To create new employee behaviors and greater HR efficiencies, initiate a long-term, multimedia strategy using techniques that encourage employees to help themselves.
Spread the word
Experts claim it takes 30 days to create new habits, but HR pros who have achieved high adoption rates for self-service offerings often find it takes 12 months of communication to make self-service stick. Among the techniques they use: including links to self-service web sites in monthly newsle...(register to read more)
- When promotions are on the line, follow your criteria and beware supervisor bias
- Face-to-Face talk best bet for helping cope with slump
- What constitutes mental illness under the ADA guidelines?
- ADA: Employee with insomnia isn't necessarily disabled
- Solidify an independent contractor's status by proving he turned down employee job offer