Having employees handle their own pay and
But old habits die hard. Merely offering self-serve online resources to employees won’t automatically make them self-sufficient.
To create new employee behaviors and greater HR efficiencies, initiate a long-term, multimedia strategy using techniques that encourage employees to help themselves.
Spread the word
Experts claim it takes 30 days to create new habits, but HR pros who have achieved high adoption rates for self-service offerings often find it takes 12 months of communication to make self-service stick. Among the techniques they use: including links to self-service web sites in monthly newsle...(register to read more)
- Put a stop to harassment ASAP--fast action now prevents liability even years later
- Employee documents: When to store, when to shred
- You can cut health benefits for Medicare-eligible retirees
- Don't add insult to injury: Be careful what you say about litigious employees
- USAA's wellness message resonates with employees