The rise of electronic communication has forced employers and courts to take a fresh look at many issues that used to be considered routine. The age-old concept of attorney-client privilege is the latest one to whipsaw through the courts.
- Encourage employee language skills the legally safe way
- Bill banning sexual orientation bias introduced; some version likely to pass this year
- Track résumés: More applicants = more suits
- Layoffs looming? Use past reviews to decide who stays and who goes
- Discharging ill employee for performance? Better make sure you can prove it