Not finding the perfect candidate in your area? Advertise that job in surrounding states. Americans are much agreeable to relocate, according to a new Challenger, Gray & Christmas survey.
It found that 18.2% of job-seekers finding jobs in the second quarter of 2009 relocated for the position. That’s up dramatically from 11.4% in the second quarter of 2008.
- Suggestion box winners: Beer, bikinis … and then maybe a nap
- Job sharing allows young parents to work half-time at Atlanta firm
- You'll need a calendar and a calculator: Track past service to check FMLA eligibility
- Document reason for termination to make sure courts don't second-guess your decision
- Thank you for applying: How to craft a tactful & lawful rejection letter