Not finding the perfect candidate in your area? Advertise that job in surrounding states. Americans are much agreeable to relocate, according to a new Challenger, Gray & Christmas survey.
It found that 18.2% of job-seekers finding jobs in the second quarter of 2009 relocated for the position. That’s up dramatically from 11.4% in the second quarter of 2008.
- Be a driver, not a passenger, during times of change
- Training, recognition keep turnover under control
- Pay & perks drive satisfaction, but HR perceives differently
- Inject more oversight, responsibility into flex schedules
- New employee in skimpy attire: Can we create a dress code without singling her out?