1. Most studies are predicting this will happen to employer health care costs in 2010:
a. Finally a decline: Down 3%
b. Increase by about 10%
c. Shoot up by 25% if health reform fails
2. Average salary increases fell to 2% this year. What are they projected to run in 2010?
3. New rules that took effect Sept. 8 require _________ to begin using the E-Verify system to verify immigration and work status.
a. Employers with 50 or more employees
b. Companies at least three years old
c. Federal contractors
4. What is the most popular offered by U.S. employers?
a. Smoking cessation
5. Before the economic crisis, 67% of people age 62 to 69 said they planned to retire before age 70. What is that percentage now?
Sources: 1. Aon, Buck Consultants; 2. Watson Wyatt; 3. USCIS.gov; 4. Health2 Resources survey; 5. Golden Gateway Financial survey
Answers: 1. b 2. b 3. c 4. a 5. b
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Remind employees: Honesty required when applying for health insurance benefits
- Explain decisions
- ICE immigration crackdown to go after employers—not undocumented workers
- Prepare to justify answers with solid business reasons