• LinkedIn
  • YouTube
  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Google+

COBRA enrollments doubled since start of subsidy

by on
in Firing,Human Resources

This summer, 38% of terminated employees bought into their former organization’s COBRA health insurance coverage plan. That’s double the 19% enrollment rate recorded during the end of 2008, according to a new Hewitt Associates report.

Reason for the jump: The economic stimulus law created a COBRA subsidy under which eligible terminated employees pay only 35% of their COBRA premium. The remaining 65% is paid by the employer, which the federal government reimburses through tax credits. The subsidy ends Dec. 31, 2009.

Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!

Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...

We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.

The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.

" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/10247/cobra-enrollments-doubled-since-start-of-subsidy "

Leave a Comment