How will your organization respond if a human bird flu outbreak strikes? A major flu pandemic is possible and now is the best time to prepare for the worst.
Advice: Consider establishing a telecommuting plan in the event of such a contagious disease outbreak. Isolating healthy workers quickly may allow your work force to stay healthy and productive. For tips on preventing flu in the workplace and information about so-called avian flu, see www.cdc.gov/flu /workplace and www.osha.gov/dsg/guidance/avian-flu.html.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Ensure handbook doesn't make FMLA promises you can't keep
- What do you do when the big boss is a harasser?
- 'Association' with disabled no automatic assurance of leave
- Retaliatory job reference is illegal even if a person's hiring was unlikely