How will your organization respond if a human bird flu outbreak strikes? A major flu pandemic is possible and now is the best time to prepare for the worst.
Advice: Consider establishing a telecommuting plan in the event of such a contagious disease outbreak. Isolating healthy workers quickly may allow your work force to stay healthy and productive. For tips on preventing flu in the workplace and information about so-called avian flu, see www.cdc.gov/flu /workplace and www.osha.gov/dsg/guidance/avian-flu.html.
- EEOC charges modular housing company with racial bias
- Employees online? Take a byte out of your liability
- Quick application of anti-harassment policy cuts liability--even in highly charged race cases
- First suggestion needn't be last word: You're free to choose reasonable accommodation
- Accommodate workers' eating needs when it's medically necessary