How will your organization respond if a human bird flu outbreak strikes? A major flu pandemic is possible and now is the best time to prepare for the worst.
Advice: Consider establishing a telecommuting plan in the event of such a contagious disease outbreak. Isolating healthy workers quickly may allow your work force to stay healthy and productive. For tips on preventing flu in the workplace and information about so-called avian flu, see www.cdc.gov/flu /workplace and www.osha.gov/dsg/guidance/avian-flu.html.
- FMLA? What's FMLA? ... Do Your Leaders Know their Employment-Law Basics?
- When employee complains, you must investigate -- but you can insist on a civilized complaint
- OSHA scratches surface, finds unexpected chicken problems
- Use contract to compel return of documents
- Beware retaliation suits even after employee's gone