How will your organization respond if a human bird flu outbreak strikes? A major flu pandemic is possible and now is the best time to prepare for the worst.
Advice: Consider establishing a telecommuting plan in the event of such a contagious disease outbreak. Isolating healthy workers quickly may allow your work force to stay healthy and productive. For tips on preventing flu in the workplace and information about so-called avian flu, see www.cdc.gov/flu /workplace and www.osha.gov/dsg/guidance/avian-flu.html.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Be wary of 'Public policy' exception to at-Will employment
- Texas Supreme Court: Limited employer liability for fatigue-related off-duty conduct
- Track qualifications to prove candidate was best for job
- Weigh costs and benefits before seeking trial in federal rather than New York courts