How will your organization respond if a human bird flu outbreak strikes? A major flu pandemic is possible and now is the best time to prepare for the worst.
Advice: Consider establishing a telecommuting plan in the event of such a contagious disease outbreak. Isolating healthy workers quickly may allow your work force to stay healthy and productive. For tips on preventing flu in the workplace and information about so-called avian flu, see www.cdc.gov/flu /workplace and www.osha.gov/dsg/guidance/avian-flu.html.
- Make work safe for older employees (and everyone else, too)
- Prepare for possible changes in employment eligibility verification
- OK to reject applicant who volunteers that disability can't be accommodated
- Arbitration agreements: Draft legal pact to stay out of court
- Disabled worker? It may pay to offer commuting accommodations