You need to show supervisors how your new online time sheet system works, but you're having a hard time getting everyone together for face-to-face training. Ditch the calendar tag routine (and the conference room) and make your own training video.
A new web-based, free service makes it easy.
Screencast-o-Matic is an online tool that lets you create a video from your computer screen (your “screencast”) and upload it to share. All you do is start recording, perform each step on your screen, narrating through the entire thing, then stop the recording. You don’t even have to download anything to start using it.
The end product is a video you can share by YouTube, e-mail or on the Screencast-o-Matic site.
Note: Before you begin, make sure you have a microphone on your computer.
Step 1: Choose what size you want the finished video. If you’re exporting to a movie file, use “Full screen.” But if you’re going to upload the video to YouTube, opt for “HD size.”
Step 2: Select your audio. Opt for “no audio,” if you don’t have a microphone, or select the microphone that has been detected on your computer. Hit “Go.”
Step 3: You’ll see a frame appear on screen, which you drag to capture the area you want to record. You can always adjust it later, as you’re recording.
Distribute this instantly downloadable resource to your whole team! Get 59 Technology Tips now...
Step 4: Hit record. You can pause at any point. If you make a mistake or want to record over something, hit pause, drag the timeline cursor to the point where you want to start over, then hit record.
Keep your video under 15 minutes, if you’re making an MP4 format movie. If you plan to export it to YouTube, keep your video under 10 minutes, which is the maximum allowed by that site.
Step 5: You’re done. The site then tells you your options: export the video as a movie, upload it to YouTube, or upload it to Screencast-o-Matic.
If you upload your video to a web site, you can choose to make it private, so it won’t come up in searches. You get the URL to send directly to the people with whom you want to share the link.
With 59 Technology Tips, you and your team will learn how to:
Get your copy of 59 Technology Tips now!
- Zip through email clutter with color coding, subfolders, and a freebie from Microsoft that is way faster than the standard “Find” function.
- Supercharge your computer with ingenious shortcuts for faster surfing, keeping spyware at bay and making favorite Web sites easier to find.
- Send actual screen shots instead of emailing links to web pages – it’s faster than clicking through!
- Create the fanciest PowerPoint presentations — that zip right through email.
- Make your cell phone work like a BlackBerry — with free services.
- Master the polling technique that finds a meeting time for many different people … with just one email.
- Use podcasts when important members of your team can't make the call.
- Utilize Web conferencing tools to save thousands of dollars in travel expenses.
- And much more!
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/10163/training-on-a-budget-5-steps-to-making-an-online-tutorial "
- When an abusive supervisor is equally intolerable to everyone, is it harassment?
- You can't hide behind your vendor! Before relying on tests, be sure they're valid
- LinkedIn: 35 connections and counting
- Concierge services: Are they right for your organization?
- Solo HR pros: Seek a mentor to advance your career