Overtime is lower at equipment rental chain RentalMax than it has been in a dozen years—and it’s not because of the economy.
The Chicago-based firm reduced overtime by 70% by using time-tracking software that allows HR managers to see how much they’re spending on labor. They can alert supervisors of spikes in hours, and the supervisors can take action to reduce unnecessary overtime.
The organization, which has 100 hourly employees at 10 stores, pays a per-employee subscription fee to the software, which is designed to track overtime at multiple locations through a secure web site.
Contact: Julie Rogier at (800) 423-0418.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Battle of the benefits: PTO bank may calm parent vs. nonparent tension
- The New Rules on Hiring - The Legal Way to Handle I-9s and No-Match Letters - Audio Conference
- Investigate even when employee complains belatedly
- Music in the workplace can disrupt harmony