A new resource group for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender (GLBT) employees at Choice Hotels International is doing double duty as a support system for workers and a humanitarian ambassador for the Silver Spring, Md.-based organization.
The year-old group, which has members from all branches of the organization, works with a charity to serve homeless GLBT youth. Inside the organization, the committee, called Choice PRIDE, works to raise awareness and understanding of GLBT employees among their colleagues.
The group’s founder, Christopher Arnette, a brand performance consultant, won the Choice Hotels Humanitarian Award, which is part of the chain’s annual Extraordinary Performance awards program.
Maria D’Ambrosio, head of inclusion and diversity, says the group “has truly added value at Choice,” and noted that employee groups “contribute significantly to a company’s diversity efforts.”
Contact: Spokeswoman Heather Soule at (301) 628-4361.
- You can limit domestic partner benefits to same-sex couples
- Beware promises about schedules, retention that could create an employment contract
- Employees earn bonuses despite $12.7 billion in company losses
- OSHA inspector's drive-by results in six-figure fine
- What's going on? How to conduct a workplace investigation