A new resource group for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender (GLBT) employees at Choice Hotels International is doing double duty as a support system for workers and a humanitarian ambassador for the Silver Spring, Md.-based organization.
The year-old group, which has members from all branches of the organization, works with a charity to serve homeless GLBT youth. Inside the organization, the committee, called Choice PRIDE, works to raise awareness and understanding of GLBT employees among their colleagues.
The group’s founder, Christopher Arnette, a brand performance consultant, won the Choice Hotels Humanitarian Award, which is part of the chain’s annual Extraordinary Performance awards program.
Maria D’Ambrosio, head of inclusion and diversity, says the group “has truly added value at Choice,” and noted that employee groups “contribute significantly to a company’s diversity efforts.”
Contact: Spokeswoman Heather Soule at (301) 628-4361.
- RIF? Make sure layoff decision-makers don't know workers' FMLA status
- Am I permitted to communicate directly with employees' medical professionals?
- Unequal treatment during investigation can trigger lawsuit
- Update your emergency plan with these online tools
- 5 policy issues will shape HR—and nation's economic recovery