The World Health Organization raised the swine flu alert to its highest level, saying the H1N1 virus has reached global pandemic levels.
That means it’s more widespread, not deadlier than before. As the flu season begins again, your best HR defense is a good offensive plan to handle the logistical and employment law issues, such as and the ADA.
Read advice and find links to a Business Pandemic Influenza Planning Checklist at www.theHRSpecialist.com/flu.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Can we require employees to use accrued paid leave instead of FMLA leave?
- How not to handle FMLA leave: Bank learns the hard way that following the law isn't optional
- Employees can't cry 'retaliation' if they're not eligible for leave
- Judge says sewer worker's firing doesn't pass smell test