The World Health Organization raised the swine flu alert to its highest level, saying the H1N1 virus has reached global pandemic levels.
That means it’s more widespread, not deadlier than before. As the flu season begins again, your best HR defense is a good offensive plan to handle the logistical and employment law issues, such as and the ADA.
Read advice and find links to a Business Pandemic Influenza Planning Checklist at www.theHRSpecialist.com/flu.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- How to draft a bullet-proof employee handbook
- Is it legal to ask departing workers to waive FMLA claims?
- Solving for the unknown: No duty to accommodate disability that employee never revealed
- Attendance discipline needs care if employee qualifies for FMLA leave